Friday, January 27, 2012

Why being ignored is great

I know for some this may seem like a support for marriage but really it is just for my own selfishness and comfort in solitude.

There is this boy I met on the bus last fall. We have hung out a total of three times and during this time I realized that I do not like this boy's company. There are several reasons why this is but one thing that is particularly irksome is that he is a hugger, and I am not, unless I know you well and enjoy being around you. I didn't have to worry about being around him and being hugged because it rarely happened. This week, however,  I discovered that one of my classes is in the same building he has a class. Now I live in fear and am terrified that A) I will see him and B) he will do something no one should do unless they know that I am okay iwith and/or I initiate it, a hug. This is what I get for stepping out of my bubble and talking to someone new on the bus. That is why it is so great being ignored. And this little experience just proved to me even more how much I enjoy my solitude and not having to compromise to actions of another person around me. Ah how grand life is on my own and how beautifully life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment