Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tainted potato chips

I know I just posted one yesterday but today an event happen that could only be expressed through a blog.

As a college student without a job to speak of, I have very limited funds and in fact made my last purchase of entertainment last week when I bought Jane Eyre. However, hunger overcame me today so I decided that I would go down to the bookstore at my school and by something to eat as long as it was under three dollars total. So, I bought me a mediocre ice cream bar and a bag of my favorite chips, sour cream and oninion. I was extremely excited to actually eat something so I hiked up to the sixth floor to enjoy my food while reading, none other but "Jane Eyre." I ate the less than average ice cream looking forward to my chips. Let me tell you why sour cream and oninion are the best chips, it's because they are full of flavor and salty goodness.When you bite into them it's as if you are taking a bit of pure happiness and you know that God loves you. Fully expecting this ecstasy as I took my first bite I paused in my reading. What did I find? The entire bag was void of flavor, there was no salty to greet my tongue, no ringing bells, nothing. Someone forgot to flavor my chips! There wasn't even salt. They were tainted, and my mouth was now tainted from the tainted chips.

Do you know what it's like to have heaven taken away from you when you had already paid the price? Just eat a plain chip when you were expecting chips so chalk full of flavor they give your mouth cankers. Bleh! oh well life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment