Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A sea of matrimony

For Lent I gave up facebook. On Easter night I signed back in. I innocently looked at the events I had been invited into and I will never be the same. There were 7 weddings that I was invited to, all of which are to take place this summer. 7 weddings. All of them I was connected to through the bride each of whom are my age, the ripe old age of 20. 7 weddings, 7 brides, leaving me as the president of the spinsters club. 7 weddings and these are not even counting the 2 possibly 3 that are happening this summer within my extended family and 4 other weddings of other acquaintances and friends of mine. That makes the total to possibly 14 weddings and this is not even counting the other engagements that are likely to happen as soon as the semester ends. I cannot believe it, I am drowning in a sea of marriage, relationships, and engagements. But that doesn't matter and my life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment