Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Soon it will be only me

I am seriously gonna throw up if I see another post that someone is engaged. There are too many freaking people who are getting married! Not to mention that the way I am connected to the happy couple is exclusively the bride and those brides are MY age. Holy crap! Of course this going to be more and more frequent as more and more girls turn twenty. Way to hold out past the teens girls, this way you aren't a teen bride. For those who did not... oh well. In a year from now I'll be seeing all those boys who went on a mission get married, but not only that they will be to those love sick girls who waited for them, Ode to frickin Joy. Can't wait to go to those weddings it'll be like a family reunion, but wait! I won't be here! I'll be on my mission. That's right just when all the girls my age are on their second child and all the boys are getting married I will be well into my mission. Yes, oddly enough I do have goals beyond the quest to eternal marriage and those are not about to change the moment I find a man who follows me around. Too harsh? Maybe. But then again nobody who's newly engaged or married will be reading it so I guess it doesn't matter, and even if they did, life goes on.

2 comments:

  1. Telane, wow you sound a little bitter towards the "got married young" group. The age when one gets married isn't what is important. The things that has worried me in seeing MANY of my friends get married is; some weren't really ready (mature enough), and others were so desperate to get married they did to the first guy who came along not really thinking about whether it was the right thing to do or not.
    My only advice to those getting married no matter what age you are is to make sure with out a doubt that you are making the right choice in a spouse. I'm only 24, and I have friends who ,great for them are, still married, others though who've gotten divorced after a few years and even a few who separated after a few months. Divorce has become this easy out, and is happening more and more. It shouldn't be like that, but we are a generation that lives off impulse, and jumps before we look. That isn't really a way to go about getting married.
    I'm a SINGLE 24 ,coming up on 25, year old (Meaning I'm not married and have seen many more of my friends get married then you probably have). I'm a return missionary, I should be a college grad in a year, I work, love to travel, and have many friends from many different walks of life. I want to be an art teacher, graphic designer, get my masters, see the world, learn to play the guitar and many many other things. I do also want to get married, and Telane I don't care what you say when you find the love of your life things WILL change!
    We all have dreams, and goals. Some will be attainable in this life, and some won't. Some you will accomplish before getting married and others after. Then there are those that will never happen. Sometimes it will be because your goals and dreams changed. Other times it will be because you choose the love of a great man over a silly dream, and sometimes it will be because it isn't meant to be.
    No one walks the exact same path in this life. We all have our own journeys to take. If yours really takes you on a mission then that is amazing, and as one who has served I know the Lord is always in need of sister missionaries, and I will be here to support you. If you end up not going, well... there is NOTHING wrong with that. If you get married then congratulations and may the Lord be an important part of your married life.
    Don't hate on those who are getting married now, at an age you deem too young. Be happy for them, support them, pray for them, and love them (good practice for a mission). If things don't work out for them (let's hope that isn't the case) be a supportive uplifting friend. At the end of the day remember we are all God's children, and he has an individual plan for each of us. Who are we to say it should be any other way?!

    ReplyDelete